Crafting product-market strategy is so demanding that it is often left undone, or done without due diligence.
As a result many organisations sell solutions without a clearly defined target market, business case, positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategy.
On top of that there is the unavoidable sales, marketing and product/service development disconnect.
The Solution Marketing Canvas (PDF) is a conceptual framework for B2B product-market strategy and marketing planning in the context of the complex sale.
The canvas forms the basis of a 2 day workshop that faciltates rapid creation, reinvention or refinement of product-market strategy.
It gets everyone on board with a shared understanding of the market and what it will take to win it.
Using the Solution Marketing Canvas we start by defining and analysing your target organisations and buyer personas. We work our way back from that in order to identify and define the unique customer capabilities that only you can provide.
This gives us the basis for crafting effective product-market strategy and messaging.
A 2 day canvas workshop is right when you have a product to sell to a market.
- When launching a new product
- As a part of the marketing planning cycle - i.e. before/during writing the marketing plan
- Before revamping your website
- Ad hoc - you have an existing product competing in a market and want to raise your game
The solution marketing canvas workshop is for HR tech vendors.
The Director of Marketing (CMO) and the Sales Director (CSO) must participate. In addition to this, it is highly recomended that the product manager (PM/CTO) participates.
In this way the team will benefit from a shared understanding of the marketing strategy.
The canvas workshop is a comprehensive framework for the fundamental marketing planning process.
- Get your product, service and message right
- Get qualified leads
- Increase win rate
- Reduce churn
- Get everyone on the same page - align marketing, sales and product/service development efforts
- Learn the theory of marketing for the complex sale
- Lead with confidence